• I attest that I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If I develop these symptoms, I agree that I will cancel my shift before arriving at the volunteer project site, as far in advance as possible.
• I am aware that I must follow the health and cleaning guidelines as noted in the volunteer handbook.
• I attest that:
• I have not traveled to a highly-impacted area within the past 14 days;
• I do not believe that I have been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19;
• I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities;
• I am following recommended guidelines as much as possible -practicing social distancing by participating in group activities, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, and otherwise limiting my exposure to the coronavirus.
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability:
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily signed-up for a shift at Teachers’ Treasures. I understand that the scope of my volunteer position does not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment; and that I am responsible for my own insurance coverage in the event of illness or personal injury as a result of my services to Teachers’ Treasures.
I understand that my volunteer activities with Teachers’ Treasures may include activities that could be hazardous to me, including but not limited to packing, loading, unloading and carrying heavy items, I fully understand and appreciate the risks that are inherent to my volunteer activities and I understand that I may decline to participate in any activity or task for which I do not wish to assume the risk. I hereby assume the risk of bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment and property damage resulting from my volunteer activities, even if resulting from the negligence of TEACHERS’ TREASURES or its officers, directors, employees or agents. I hereby release, discharge and agree to indemnify and hold TEACHERS’ TREASURES harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself and my heirs and personal representatives and any minors I am responsible for who volunteer with me, any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of TEACHERS’ TREASURES, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any voluntary activities with, or for TEACHERS’ TREASURES.
I understand that this release discharges TEACHERS’ TREASURES from any liability or claim that I or my heirs, personal representatives or minors I am responsible with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from or in connection with my volunteer activities. This liability waiver and release extends to TEACHERS’ TREASURES together with all of its officers, directors, affiliates, employees and agents. I grant full permission for organizers to use photos of me and quotations from me in legitimate accounts and promotions of the event.